Thursday 23 July 2015

1 day to go



Tomorrow is the big day, unless I do something ridiculous like fall getting out of the shower (it’s been done!).  I’m not nervous about the cycling I have to do, why should I be?  It is just another cycle ride, something I have done thousands of times before.   I suppose I had a similar attitude to taking exams many years ago.  If you have done the preparation well, all you can do is your best (yep, I was a girlie swot).
I suppose I should have been resting today.  However, I’ve been madly cleaning the house, knowing that we’ll be having visitors over the next few weeks.  I’m annoyed that I haven’t had time to cut the grass.  I’m even more annoyed that I haven’t had time to choose my fantasy football team.  It’s shocking that the footie season starts in a couple of weeks.
The weather forecast looks good for two days, but then rather rainy.  Sadly the waterproof shoe covers will be in action soon.
I still have to sort out all my clothes and kit for tomorrow, all laid out, as I will have to do every day for the next month.  Establishing routines early in the challenge will be important as this will mean I can optimise my time, a commodity that will be in short supply.  But this is the same as I have done for every long weekend ride I have done over the last few years. Much of my routine is already well engrained.
I’m looking forward to watching the Tour de France highlights tonight.  A lot of today’s route is the same as we did on La Marmotte 3 weeks ago, including the stunning Lacets de Montvernier.  Then it’ll be a beer and bed.  Hopefully I will sleep well.  Sleeping should be easier for the next 30 days after a long bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment