Monday 13 July 2015

Introduction



I was initially reluctant about writing a blog during my world record attempt.  But two factors convinced me it was a good thing to do.  Firstly, the amount of interest people have shown in what I am trying to do, even from people I don’t personally know.  Secondly, I thought it would be quite a good record of my attempt, so that when I am older and less foolish I can read at my leisure with pride and/or embarrassment.

I wondered what on earth I could write about that would be of any interest.  My days will consist of eating, cycling and sleeping, all pretty boring and repetitive, but I have had quite a few questions from cyclists and non-cyclists about different aspects to the challenge.  It made me realise that what I take for granted as ‘normal’ probably isn’t so normal for others, so I will try to cover various aspects of my normality in the blogs over the coming days and weeks.  I will also try my best to document the memorable events during the rides.  I am sure I will have a lot of ups and downs (mentally, as well as physically) including some seriously dark moments.  I’m expecting to encounter a wide range of interesting people along the way, such as cyclists and the witnesses I need to verify the ride.

I will try to upload a blog every day, but some may be fairly late or even delayed by a day or so, especially if I’ve got mechanical issues to sort out (I have to use the same bike for the whole month!).

I will be uploading all my rides on Strava so you can see where I have been, and tweeting occasionally.  Hopefully this will make it easy for you to keep up to date with how I am getting on.

No comments:

Post a Comment