Wednesday 29 July 2015

Day 6, feeling chirpier

The weather has improved a bit today.  There were wet roads in the morning, and a few light showers in the afternoon, but the sun did come out for a while.  Strong west wind, but you can't have everything!
In the morning I was on my own and went to Frodsham and back.  I used to think that Frodsham was quite a long way away.  Today I was there before the bike shop opened.  Thanks to Joe in Twelve50 Bikes for signing my log book again.  Went back home for lunch via Rick Green Cycles, and Paul kindly signed my log book.  I followed a Team GB cyclist and a Team Wiggins cyclist through Wilmslow.  One was showing off by standing stationary on his bike whilst we were stuck at the lights.
I had a bonus this afternoon.  Richard, who I met whilst doing the Marmotte, came to ride with me.  We had a good ride out, soaking up the sun in Bunbury and enjoying the wind behind from Cholmondeley Castle to Wrenbury and Ravensmoor.  Steve joined us about 10 miles from the end.
Today was 138 miles.  I've done 802 miles in total.  That's 25.7% of the minimum which I have to do to set the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment