Tuesday 28 July 2015

Day 5 (Grumpiness alert)

It was a tough day and I had sense of humour failure on several occasions.
There were 4 very heavy downpours where I got drenched.  At one point I decided to hide in a bus shelter, only to find it full of other people with the same idea. Also, the handlebar mount for my camera got loose.  I got v grumpy.  I videoed myself having a big moan about the cycle paths in Crewe (you have to stop every 20 metres for pedestrian crossings, or get abuse from drivers if you're on the road).
Things improved a lot when Tim in Audlem Cyclesport fixed my handlebar mount in about 10 seconds.  Thanks to him for log book signing, as well as Paul in Rick Green Cycles and Elaine in PhysioFit.
The afternoon improved - it was dry, but windy.  All went well until my front derailleur stopped working.  The chain came off, and when fixing it I stood on a huge slug.  Messy cleats.
The day ended well with a visit to Glen in Physiofit in Alderley Edge for a massage, which was painful but worthwhile.
Despite the challenges I still managed 132 miles bringing my total up to 664 miles in 5 days.
When will the weather improve?  I am trying to remember what the weather was like on St. Swithin's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment