Friday 31 July 2015

Day 8

Let's get rid of the negative stuff first.  I had a mild girlie strop after cycling slowly for 60 miles into the wind, having a sore bum, being covered in flies and my piece of flapjack falling apart.
After that I improved a lot by meeting the jovial Mark in Jack Davies Cycles in Wem, having lunch and coffee, and by applying Vaseline in the appropriate places. No rain today, and the temperature was great although it was cold (8 degrees) when we set off.
Thanks again to Tim at Audlem Cyclesport, Mark in Wem, and Kieran in the Venetian Marina Cafe for signing my log book.
Thanks to my super domestique (Steve) for riding with me all day, and putting up with me being unjustifiably unhappy at times. 
136 miles today, and 1071 miles in total.  Eight days in and I've now done over a third of the minimum total which I must complete in order to set the record.  Overall I am really pleased with how far I have gone especially given the weather for the first few days.  Some parts of my body are starting to complain, but I'm trying to ignore them until I see physio Glen on Monday.
Short blog today due to technical issues.  Why does it take so long to upload to Dropbox? I've given up.  Having to find another backup method.

No comments:

Post a Comment