Thursday 30 July 2015

Day 7

The weather has improved, but it had a very low starting point at the beginning of my attempt.  Obviously I'm obsessed by the weather, but it has such an huge affect on the level of enjoyment of cycling.  At the start of today the roads were wet, and I was rained on.  In the afternoon it was dry and partially sunny, but there was a strong West wind.  Cycling from Weaverham to Kingsley was a real grind into the wind.
I cycled on my own in the morning.  I really enjoyed listening to the cricket commentary on the radio.  I can't think of anything better, cycling and listening to Aggers, Boycott, Blowers, Vaughnie, etc.  Of course it helps that England are winning.
I had the pleasure of cycling with my friend Andy in the afternoon.  He's doing Lands End to  John O'Groats soon, so I hope today's miles helped his training.  It makes such a difference to me having someone to cycle with, especially when it is hard work like it was this afternoon into the wind.  I am looking forward to having my own super domestique (husband) with me for the weekend.
My very kind log book signers today were Tim in Sideways Cycles in Alsager, Andy, and Paul in Rick Green Cycles in Handforth.
When you're trying to clock up as many miles as possible, it really does not matter if you go wrong with the navigation.  Yesterday we went down a wrong road and finished up on someone's gravel drive.  Great, it added a couple of miles. Those who look on Strava may see that I got a 3rd place Strava badge on that segment.  I guess everyone else recorded on that segment made the same mistake as us! The segment is called "the lane to nowhere".  Note to Cheshire Council, I suggest that you put a No Through Road sign at the start of the lane.
133
miles today, and 935 miles in total from 7 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment