Monday 27 July 2015

Day 4

My legs were feeling a bit tired this morning - they reminded me every time I took a step down the stairs.
I was cycling on my own today for the first time, accompanied by Radio 5 and Radio 4.
The weather at the start was pretty grim, heavy drizzle and windy.  I was encouraged to keep going by thinking of Billie Fleming (year record holder, 1938).  She probably cycled in that sort of weather and worse wearing a cotton shirt and shorts, rather than my Goretex jacket and foot covers.
The weather improved quite quickly, and I was soon cycling on dry roads.
I regretted making a navigational error in Church Minshull.  This caused me to cycle up two 8% hills, which required some effort (I'd laugh if I'd heard myself say that a month ago, pre-Marmotte).
Thanks to Rory Anderson in RS Car Sales in Wheelock/Sandbach for signing my log book.
It was nice getting back home via Paul in Rick Green Cycles for late lunch, and to see Steve.
My second loop headed to Frodsham.  It started tipping it down just before Frodsham.  I got so wet it was hilarious. Thanks to Ian Tickle in his Estate Agents in Frodsham for log book signing, and I apologise for dripping rainwater everywhere.
I was glad to get home and get dry and warm.  Given the conditions I was pleased with 132 miles today, 532 in total.  I am hoping for better weather soon, but having seen the forecast it doesn't look like being tomorrow.
I'm cycling on my own again tomorrow, but also have the treat (I hope!) of a massage at the end of the day.

1 comment: