Saturday 1 August 2015

Day 9

The football season is about to start, so let's use a football cliche.  Today was a game of two halves.
The morning was great.  We avoided the raindrops, and did a good flattish ride via Frodsham, Helsby and Stamford Bridge (nothing to do with Chelsea).
We set off in the afternoon expecting some showers.  Within 2 miles from the house there was a torrential downpour, and my showerproof jacket was waterproof for about 1 nanosecond.  We were so soaked we turned round and went back to the house.  I had to change clothes, and put on my Goretex jacket.  We had a few more heavy showers, but all were tolerable.  The rain slowed us down quite a lot, so I was disappointed that we didn't do more miles today.
We had trouble finding bike shops that were open at the start and end of the day, so huge thanks to Lindsay in the Helsby post office and Debbie in Richards newsagent in Weaverham for signing the log book.  Thanks to Alistair at Rick Green Cycles for signing the log book, and for adjusting my gear changer.  Yep, I admit, I'm too lazy to do it myself.

We did 135 miles today.  I've now done 1206 miles, and I have to do another 1919 miles to set the record.  The numbers don't seem as scary as they did last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment