Sunday 2 August 2015

Day 10

A game of two unequal halves again today. 
We did two loops, one large and one not so large.  We set off in the rain, however it was warm light rain.  Not long into the ride we went past some industrial scale hedge cutting.  This of course meant debris on the road, and no surprises that I had a large thorn piercing my front tyre. New tube required.  After that it was warm and dry, but windy.  Towards the end of the loop I was very uncomfortable on my saddle, my ankle was sore, and I felt miserable.  The last twenty miles felt like it took ages and it was 15mph wind behind.  Everything was a struggle at this point.  Lesson learnt: do not cycle 96 miles without a proper stop. 
After a rest, food, and a strong coffee at home I felt great for the second loop.  I set off for the first time during the attempt with no long leggings, no jacket, and with sun cream applied.  Happy days! This was going very well until, oh no, another puncture.  This was due to a metal tack in my back tyre. 
Thanks to Evelyn in the newsagents in Audlem for signing my log book.  On the second loop we stopped in Knutsford to see Andy and Lynne, who kindly signed the log book, and provided tea and the most delicious flapjack.  We left with our back pockets full of flapjack supplies that will last me the week.

Huge thanks to everyone who is sending me messages in emails, Twitter, this blog and Strava.  It really does help my mood a lot to know that there are lot of people supporting me.  Sorry that I can't reply to them all.

135 miles today.  10 days gone, and 1341 miles completed.  1784 more miles to set the record.
I'm cycling with my physio tomorrow.  What could be better than that!?

No comments:

Post a Comment