Thursday 13 August 2015

Day 21


A very good day today.  I was expecting to get rained on in the late afternoon, but it didn't happen.  I finished a bit earlier than I'd planned, mainly because I'd just got my timings/navigation a bit wrong.  It started raining as soon as I got in the house, so it was fortunate that I finished early.
I was on my own in the morning, with a trip down to Audlem again, with another nice visit to Nikki and Tim in Audlem Cyclesport to have my log book signed.
I was listening to the radio this morning.  There are some things which really do not work on the radio.  Radio 4 this morning: Decoding the Masterworks, where pictures are examined in minute detail.  OK, they told me what to put into Google so that I could quickly find a copy of the picture so that I could look at it whilst listening to the program.  I decided that I really was not going to gain anything by listening to this, so swapped back to Radio 5.  Smoking and stillbirths, mmmm, don't know if this was any better.
If any of you have seen my routes on Strava (https://www.strava.com/athletes/1170624) you'll see that in the morning I'm going somewhere,  for example Frodsham, Audlem or Alsager.  Then in the afternoon I'm zig-zagging, looping around, in what may look like a random walk .  However, this is all to plan.  There are a lot of quiet country lanes in Cheshire, where the only traffic is tractors and lost footballers' wives.  These are what I call my "Happy Roads".  I had a lovely afternoon cycling with my friend Andy around Happy Roads.  Andy's off on Saturday to do Land's End to John O'Groats, so I hope it was a good warm-up for him.
My day finished with my trip to Rick Green Cycles, and thanks to Sandra for signing my log book. I also bought a gadget so that Super Domestique can clean my chain without taking the chain off.

Sorry, I didn't take any interesting pictures today, so you'll have to do with one of me.

 
  
128 miles done today, 2834 in total.  291 miles to do to set the record, and 9 days left.

OK, I know, this is what you really want to hear:

Buttock News
Issue 4
Black shorts today, sadly "Happy Shorts" were not dry.  This morning I think that left buttock was displaying attention deficit disorder, and was unruly, however I managed to ignore this and it calmed down.  Right buttock is sore still, but pain was avoided by shufffling about a lot on the saddle, and of course Vaseline application.  Discomfort was less in the afternoon, but that's probably because I was distracted from thinking about my backside by talking to Andy.
Discomfort level 5 out of 10 in the morning, 2 out of 10 in the afternoon.
End of Buttock News

No comments:

Post a Comment