Wednesday 5 August 2015

Day 13

Windy and rainy today, just like most other days, so I won't whinge about it again.
A big treat for me today.  My long time friend Bunny (aka Richard) came to cycle with me all day today.  We met at university too long ago to admit.  I don't think we could ever have anticipated, those years ago, whilst sat in a bar in Broomhill, Sheffield, drinking pints of Stones, what we would be doing today. I'd never even had a bike at that point.
It was Bunny who persuaded Steve and I to do the Etape 3 years ago, and since then we've done many more sportives.  Bunny is also running marathons, which I will never, ever be persuaded to do.
It was a great ride today, especially when the wind was behind.
Big thanks to log book signers Justin at RS CarSales in Wheelock (hope you enjoy your new bike!), Alistair at Rick Green Cycles and Bunny.
136 miles today. 1743 miles in total. 1382 more to do in 17 days to set the record.  That's only 81 miles per day!

Please support

No comments:

Post a Comment