Saturday 8 August 2015

Day 16

Oh dear.  Leicester 4 Sunderland 2.  Gloom from Steve.  I think that I have provided adequate sympathy.  Carlisle drew away, which is pretty good for them.
Other than the football, it was a great day.  The weather was the best that we've had.  Thankfully there's actually not much to say about the day, which is a good thing!  We did lots and lots of pedaling in the sunshine.   This is more like what I expected from the summer. 
The rigours of the challenge are beginning to take their toll.  My left ankle is a little swollen and has an ice pack on as I write this.  The tendinopathy in my left arm means I have to use my right hand or stop the bike to change my front chain ring.  Most worryingly, I have a sore bottom for the first time.  All in all it is perhaps surprising that these minor ailments have taken this long to cause any difficulty.  It's a shame because my legs are 100%, absolutely no weariness at all.  I am hoping my body holds out for the rest of the month.
Thanks to Nikki in Audlem Cyclesport for signing my log book.  Audlem is a lovely and lively village, and I recommend going to visit it,  There's lots happening there.  Thanks again to Paul in Rick Green Cycles in Handforth for signing my log, and also to Jonathan in Sainsbury's in Alsager.
145 miles today.   I've done 2159 miles in total, and need to do another 966 miles to set the record.  Still 14 days to go.
A treat tonight.  Take away curry and beer!
Here's a photo of Steve carrying out his super domestique duties.  He goes ahead to junctions and indicates to me if the junction is clear, so that I don't have to stop if I don't need to.  Cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment