Saturday 15 August 2015

Day 23


Oh dear, Sunderland lose again and are bottom of the table.  Crisis talks scheduled.  Not good for the mood in our household.  However, Carlisle drew 4-4, what was going on there?!
A great day cycling with Super Domestique.  All was very good, with the weather dry and not too windy.  Only problem was that my bike has started making strange creaking noises of unknown origin.  Thankfully Paul at Rick Green Cycles had a look at the bike at lunchtime.  Diagnosis is that I've probably collected rubbish from the floods that we cycled through yesterday, and that the internals of the rear cassette need sorting out.  The problem isn't going to stop the bike, so I'll keep going with it as it is.  Looks like the bike needs a complete strip down after I've finished my challenge.
Thanks once again to Tim at Audlem Cyclesport for signing my log book, and for another very helpful member of staff, Stacey, at Sainsbury's in Alsager for doing the same.  
I had a lot of people overtake me today, mind you they were all in a time trial.  Wow they're fast!  Time trialling is definitely not my discipline, unless it's over 150 hilly miles.
If there hadn't been delays because of the torrential rain yesterday morning I would have reached the world record target today.  I did 229 km today.  4915 km done in total, with 85 km to do to break the world record distance.
I have visited Audlem a lot over the last few weeks.  It is a pretty little town. Here's a picture of Audlem church today:


Buttock News
Issue6
Black shorts today, so the risk of uncomfortableness was higher than required.  But all went quite well.  Discomfort level of 4 out of 10 in the morning and 1 out of 10 in the afternoon.  Can't really ask for much better than that.  Happy Shorts tomorrow.
End of Buttock News

No comments:

Post a Comment