Monday 10 August 2015

Day 18

It's pleasing that so many of you are interested in the state of my bottom.  I thought that it would be best to start a new online publication:

Buttock News
Issue 1 

I had a very difficult decision to make this morning.  Here are the background details:  I have 3 pairs of shorts which I find comfortable.  They are made by Funkier and have the product code S-125-C8.  S = shorts, 125 = style, C8 = padding.  2 of them, both black, are becoming worn out.  The most recent ones, white, are great.  It'd be good if I could wear the white ones all the time, but they need washing in the evening, and they're not dry the next morning (regret, we have no tumble drier).  "Buy some new ones!" you might say.  Not possible I'm afraid, they have been discontinued. I have managed to buy some similar ones directly from Funkier in the USA, product code S-297-C8.  They have a different style, but the same padding, so hopefully they should be OK.
Back to my decision.  White shorts are not dry.  So, shall I wear the worn out black ones or the new ones?  Wearing new shorts is a very risky activity, considering that my backside is sore (no more details will be provided).  I'm generally risk averse, but I went for the new shorts option.  Wrong!  More than mild discomfort for the loop this morning (apart from the wind and torrential rain).  Thankfully, white shorts were dry at lunchtime, so I changed into them (new shorts were soaking anyway), and I had a very happy bottom in the afternoon.
I hope that this satisfies your need for knowledge of my backside.
That's the end of Buttock News for today.

In the morning I got very wet, however it wasn't cold, so no problems really.  The afternoon was dry, except that the roads were very wet.  In the evening I went for a 3rd loop with super domestique, and we had lovely evening sunshine.  Farmers were cutting their grass at 7pm, so they must be confident that the weather is going to be good enough to dry the grass in the next couple of days.
It was great meeting new log book signers Leanne and Paul in  Bikes n Gear in Knutsford, and Nigel in Goostrey News.  Thanks to them and to Paul in Rick Green Cycles.
137 miles today.  That's 2431 in total, and 694 more needed to set the record in 12 days.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment