Tuesday 11 August 2015

Day 19

Buttock News
Issue 2
Black shorts today, the partially worn out ones, product code S-125-C8. Not as good as the white ones, so second best.  Survived OK today with discomfort level 4 out of 10 (0 = Perfection, 10 = I'm lying on the sofa all day).  Lashings of Vaseline applied.  Thought I'd let you know that soreness is right buttock only, left one is very happy.
End of Buttock News 

Had a great day today.  Simon, who we met on the Marmotte, traveled very early from Didcot and arrived promptly at 7am to set off with me at 7:30am.  The weather was the best so far, sunny with very little wind.  It was good first thing, with the roads quiet and the sun starting to warm up the air.  We had a good trip down to Audlem, to visit Tim and Nikki in Audlem Cyclesport for log book signing and a chat.  We then headed back home via Paul in Rick Green Cycles in Handforth, more log book signing and chatting.  It was great having Simon's company.
In the afternoon I was cycling on my own, accompanied by the radio.  During the summer months it's always disappointing when the usual presenters are away on holiday.  The stand-ins are good, but it's just not the same.  Thankfully normality is resumed this week; Rachel Burden and Jane Garvey have returned.   
I had my routine visit to Glen the physio at PhysioFit in Alderley Edge.  My left ankle now has green tape rather than blue tape.  "Overuse tendinopathy" apparently.  It'll survive, but recovery work will be needed after the challenge.
Thanks to Elaine at Physiofit for signing my log book and making me a lovely cup of tea.
When I got on my bike after visiting the physio I had a puncture. Solution was to ring Super Domestique to collect me in the car.
130 miles done today.   2561 miles completed, 564 to go to set the record, 11 days left.
Weather forecast for tomorrow looks even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment