Thursday 20 August 2015

Day 28, Longest day so far


152 miles done today (that's 245km for metric people).  Total of 3750 miles (6036km).  This is the longest day I've ever done.  My previous longest day was only half a mile less than this.  At the end of today I did a loop around local roads so that I would beat my maximum.

I was on my own for most of the day today.  Super Domestique joined me for the last 35 miles.  I was a bit daunted this morning when I was about to set off, thinking about the hours I was going to be on my own.  Then I remembered that the last Ashes test match started today.  Hurrah! I love listening to the cricket commentary.  I always make a guess as to how many minutes it takes before Geoff Boycott says "stick of rhubarb". The cricket didn't start until 11am, so beforehand I had to endure another item for the "doesn't work on radio" collection.  This time on Radio 5 they (apparently) had lots of cute, cuddly animals.  Had to take their word for it.

Thanks to my log book signers today; Mike in Cycle Junction in Wheelock/Sandbach, Alistair in Rick Green Cycles, and Nigel in Goostrey News. 


I would be very pleased if you can contribute to Alzheimer's Research UK on my fundraising page:

Thank you very much to the extremely generous and thoughtful people who have already contributed.

Sorry, no photo today.  I've run out of time.  Must eat, must sleep.

Buttock News
Issue 11

Happy shorts today, and a happy bottom.  Discomfort level of 1 out of 10.  I'm surprised.
Now that I'm thinking of burning my shorts when this challenge is complete, I'm puzzled about something.  My shorts are now so impregnated with Vaseline, will they burn?.
     
End of Buttock News

No comments:

Post a Comment