Wednesday 19 August 2015

Day 27

221 km ridden today.  5791 km done in total (3598 miles).  That's 791km more than the distance required for the record.  

Another day on my own.  I won't bore you with what I listened to on the radio, apart from having to hear Radio 5 presenters trying Laughter Yoga.  Enough said.

This morning was a trip to Audlem.  I was into the wind to get there, but had a great ride back with wind behind.  Audlem have a beer festival starting at the end of next week.  I think I should go and stay there that weekend.  Thanks again to Tim at Audlem Cyclesport for signing my log book.

I set off at 2pm for the afternoon ride, and it started raining.  I don't mind the rain, but when it's windy too I'm really slowed down.  At the end of the day I went down and up the Alderley Edge bypass.  To show the effect of the wind; I averaged 11mph in one direction, and 17 mph in the other.

For those who aren't local, the Alderley Edge bypass was opened about 5 years ago.  It has separate cycling/pedestrian lanes on both sides.  Unlike most cycle lanes, the surface of the lane is from heaven; very smooth and a joy to ride on. At the end of the day, if I want to add on a few miles, I do a loop of the bypass which is 6 miles.  There's not much to see other than traffic, but it's an easy way to increase mileage.  If I really wanted to maximise the number of miles for my record, I would go up and down the bypass all day, but you'd have to remove part of my brain beforehand.
 
 
 
Thanks to my log book signer Nigel in Goostrey News.  Nigel's mother has Alzheimer's and is in a home, the same as my mother.  It's good to talk to someone who appreciates the effect of the disease on the family.


I would be very pleased if you can contribute to Alzheimer's Research UK on my fundraising page:


Buttock News
Issue 10

Black shorts today.  Discomfort level of 2 out of 10 in the morning and 1 out of 10 in the afternoon.   My mind was concentrating more on staying upright in the wind and rain.  3 days to go.  Contemplating burning my shorts.
     
End of Buttock News 


No comments:

Post a Comment