Tuesday 18 August 2015

Day 26

I would be very pleased if you can contribute to Alzheimer's Research UK on my fundraising page:
 
A good day today.  A bit windy, but dry and warm, so no complaints.  I was on my own today, and I will be for the next couple of days.  I've run out of mates!
I had to rely on my radio today for company.  I had a very big decision to make.  Usually at 9am I swap from Radio 5 to Radio 4.  This is because on Radio 5 at 9am they have Your Call, which involves listeners with nothing else to do, who ring in and voice their opinions on the day's topic.  If I want to hear random opinions I'd rather do it in a pub with a pint in my hand.  Today, however, they were talking about the Rugby World Cup, which I'm very interested in.  I didn't know what was on Radio 4.  I was only going to stop the bike once to change channel.  What to do?  Because it's still a month to the World Cup, I assumed that if I learnt anything interesting, I'd either forget it by then, or it wouldn't be relevant.  Switch to Radio 4.
Result!!!!!! On Radio 4 it was Stephen Fry talking about the weather.  More precisely, he was talking about how we talk about the weather. The weather is currently my favourite subject.  I now know that "since records began" means 1854, and so much more. 
Sorry, bit of a ramble, but that's my world at the moment!


I finished my day with my routine trip to see physio Glen.  My body can last for the next 4 days with no intervention.  Plans to get my Achilles tendon back to the shape it should be are being put in place. 

Thanks to my log book signers Ewan in Twelve50 Bikes in Frodsham, Paul in Rick Green Cycles in Handforth,  and Janice at PhysioFit in Alderley Edge.

212 km today.  5570 km done in total (3461 miles).

Today's picture is Frodsham bridge.



Buttock News
Issue 9

Not much to report here, which is a good thing.  Happy shorts today.  Discomfort level of 2 out of 10More soreness from left buttock now.  My bottom really would like to sit on a comfy chair all day.    
End of Buttock News

2 comments:

  1. Keep on going! You are doing a great job Janet! Hope 'happy shorts' dry in time for tomorrow! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on going! You are doing a great job Janet! Hope 'happy shorts' dry in time for tomorrow! x

    ReplyDelete