Thursday 6 August 2015

Day 14

Very short blog today due to arriving home late because of mechanical issues.
Got wet and cold in the morning. Had puncture in the rain.
In the afternoon my rear gear cable frayed and jammed in the gear/brake lever. The bike is back on the road due to the angels at Rick Green Cycles working late. Temporary solution (permanent for my bike!) was to put Steve's bike's lever onto mine. Didn't get home until 20:45.
Big thanks to log book signers: Joe in Twelve50 Bikes in Frodsham, Toby in Rick Green Cycles , and Les at Supreme Cycles in Crewe.
14 days done, 16 left.  1879 miles done, 1246 more to do for the record.
Here's a picture of me getting warmed up in the morning.  No, the radiator is not on!

2 comments:

  1. What a pain! hopefully today will be a lot better weather and bike wise and the forecast looks good for at least the next couple of days.

    Really enjoyed cycling with you Wednesday. Thanks again to both of you for putting me up, looking after me and feeding me deliciously presented carbs! Really impressed with your determination, and cool but highly organised approach such a major challenge. Halfway there and on top! well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet's determination not to be deflected by either mechanical problems or weather adversity is really impressive. Thanks to Rick Green Cycles for getting her back on the road. Probably a freak incident with the STI levers (as I understand it), but I am glad I have no nonsense shifters on the downtube. Digital electronic groupset - forget it!

    Keep it up Janet - every mile counts!

    ReplyDelete