Monday 17 August 2015

Day 25

I really didn't know how my brain was going to manage the days of cycling after reaching the world record distance.  So far I have been focussed on reaching the target, and nothing else.  When I set off on my bike this morning, I immediately thought "yeah! this is a great thing to be doing!".  It helped that the sun was shining.  I'm a bit concerned if I get up and it's raining.  My focus now is on doing my best.  I know that afterwards, when I look back at what I've done, I'll be disappointed in myself if I don't continue getting the most number of miles out of my legs.
I had a very very painful experience this morning.  No, not my ankle/arm/backside.  This was Radio 5, on which they were doing an article on how good singing is for you.  I agree totally: singing is great.  I've had reports that my mum is enjoying participating in singing sessions at her nursing home.  An article on how singing rekindles memories for Alzheimers sufferers would have been interesting.  That is not what we got.  Instead, we had two presenters doing singing warm up exercises,  then they were singing.  For ages.  I had to remove my earpiece.  Was there no news to report on?  A bit more with people moaning about Jose Mourinho would have been acceptable.
Otherwise, a great day with good weather.  My physio Glen from PhysioFit came cycling with me this afternoon.  He chats a lot, and the time flies by.  Fortunately he didn't have to tape up bits of me beforehand.
Thanks to log book signers Tim at Sideways Cycles in Alsager, Paul at Rick Green Cycles in Handforth, and Glen.
138 miles today.  5358 km (3329 miles) done in total.

Here's today's picture of Jodrell Bank in the evening sunshine.

 

I would be very pleased if you can contribute to Alzheimer's Research UK on my fundraising page:

Buttock News
Issue 8

Black shorts today, but no problems.  Discomfort level of 3 out of 10 in the morning and 1 out of 10 in the afternoon. 

I think that all readers of Buttock News now have full knowledge of my collection of shorts, my buttocks, and my requirement for large volumes of pure petroleum jelly.  There is one other vital component which is just as important.  My saddle.  I have a Specialized Lithia.  I bought this saddle when I purchased my Specialized bike over 3 years ago.  I liked the saddle so much I bought another one!  The second saddle went onto my touring bike.  I think that part of the reason why I can sit on my bike for so many hours each day is that this saddle obviously suits my bottom.  Many other saddles didn't.

 
End of Buttock News

2 comments: