Friday 14 August 2015

Day 22

The weather forecast for today was heavy rain all day, with Met Office warnings for the area.  I'd discounted today, assuming there'd be no cycling, and if I did do any mileage it would be a bonus.  The reason for this is that with less than 300 miles to go to set the world record, I can't take any extra risks.
We got up at the usual time this morning, 6:00am, and saw that it had rained all night, and it was still raining heavily.  We delayed our start to 8:20am, rather than the usual 7:30am.  It was still raining, but if you are wearing the right gear, Goretex jacket, shoe covers etc, it's generally OK.
Within a minute the rain got heavier.  Then it was torrential.  I was thinking positively, "it can't get any worse than this!", however, it did.  After a while the roads started to fill up with water.  When you can't see the road surface, and both your feet are submerged at the same time, it's time to go home.  We got home after doing only 18 miles, and we were frozen, especially our hands.  I couldn't do anything because my fingers had stopped working, especially my thumbs.
We spent about 4 hours at home.  Sadly I've got too much to do, so I wasn't putting up my feet and watching Homes Under the Hammer.  I have two gps devices on my bike to record my rides, and I need to convert the gps files to kml files, because this is how Guinness World Records want the files submitted to them.  I spent a couple of hours converting files for the last 21 days.  Mind numbing.
We set off at about 2pm when the rain had eased off.  We visited Paul at Rick Green Cycles in Handforth, Paul in Bikes n Gear in Knutsford, and Joe in Twelve50 in Frodsham for log book signing.  Huge thanks to them all.
The weather this afternoon was OK, a small shower, but the roads had dried quite well.
I've decided to go metric, because the record that I must break is 5000km, and I'm nearly there!  124km done today.  I've done 4686km, and must do another 314km (195 miles).
I'm very annoyed that I've not had time to look at my Fantasy Football team for the next week.  I won our family league last year, so maybe it's good to give the others a chance.






Here's the latest:


Buttock News
Issue 5 
 
"Happy Shorts" today.  It was a relatively small distance today, but my shorts did get soaked in the morning.  I managed to dry them out during our break at home (heating was on max).  I have to admit that I had no discomfort today!  That's a discomfort level of 0 out of 10.  I had a perfect bottom, in the cycling context, rather than the Kylie Minogue context (sadly).
End of Buttock News

No comments:

Post a Comment