Friday 21 August 2015

Day 29

145 miles done today (233km).  Total of 3895 miles (6269km).  

At the start of today I was feeling very positive.  I'm sure you've all worked out that my plan is to reach a total of 4000 miles.  After yesterday's 152 miles, the plan was to do another 150 miles today, then I'd only have 100 miles to do on the last day.  Easy! However, the weather made today the hardest day that I've had.  For those who have read the Harry Potter books, think about what the Dementors do to the human soul.  This is what a headwind does to a cyclist.  It drains all happiness, hope and positive feelings from the cyclist.  I had tired legs, battling into a 15mph headwind.  Super Domestique is cycling behind me, and can do nothing.  I can hear his freewheel going when I'm toiling.  It was raining as well.  We finished after 8pm, in the gloom. Back to being positive, only 105 miles to do tomorrow to reach my target.  Forecast is heavy rain :(

Thanks to my log book signers today; Rick in Twelve50 Bikes in Frodsham, Paul in Rick Green Cycles, and Ryan in the Sainsbury's local in Alsager. 


I would be very pleased if you can contribute to Alzheimer's Research UK on my fundraising page:


Any ideas about what this is?





Buttock News
Issue 12

Black shorts today.  I changed into my other black shorts at lunchtime, for no reason apart from the fact that I could.

Today I had a discomfort level of 2 out of 10, which is totally acceptable.
Happy shorts tomorrow.  The weather forecast is heavy rain in the morning, so they may be removed at lunchtime if they're soaking.  Will my black shorts be dry by then?
     
End of Buttock News

No comments:

Post a Comment