Tuesday 4 August 2015

Evening Routine



I will typically finish cycling at about 7pm depending on how long I have decided to cycle for.  I call in to let neighbours Stuart and Collette know I have returned.  We have a brief chat about what has happened; it is great to get their support.  I have a really busy time in the evening, there is an awful lot to do.  As soon as I get in I wash my bike and check it is OK.  I then get out of my cycling clothes and put all the cycling clothes in the washing machine.  I stick electrodes onto my thighs, from a Compex electronic machine that has been kindly lent to me by Glen my physio for an initial 25 minutes.  Apparently Mark Cavendish uses this, so it must be good.  I'm not doing any sprinting though!  I get a cup of tea and start to download all my electronic evidence, both garmins, my videos and photos, and write my daily log.  I then do 20 minutes of recovery exercises and have a shower.  My husband by this time will have checked my bike and will be making dinner, but if he's away for work I have to do this.  Whilst I am eating I complete the downloading of information.  There are usually a few emails to deal with related to people helping me or wanting to cycle with me.  Then there is the washing up, prepare the porridge for soaking, and hanging up the washing.  By this time it is about 10pm, and I put the Compex machine on for a second 25 minutes and I can then start to relax, write my blog and tweet.  I review the weather forecast to decide where I plan to cycle the next day.  This is influenced by the weather and if I am cycling with anyone, and if so what time I am meeting them.  Whilst route planning I have a glass of wine, one of my allowable treats.  Just before going to bed I set out all of the clothes I need for the next day’s ride.
If I am efficient I expect to get to bed by about 11:00am and with luck I am asleep by 11:30pm.

1 comment:

  1. Janet, so impressed with what you are doing .... and the insight into what it takes outside of the cycling is really interesting! Good luck with the rest and keep going! It's 45C here in Dubai so better that you are there in the wind and rain!

    Simon & Marta

    ReplyDelete