Tuesday 4 August 2015

Day 12

Firstly, and more importantly than my cycling, my mum moved into a nursing home today.  If you can support Alzheimer's research ( www.alzheimersresearchuk.org ) please do.  It can't help my mum, but it would be great if we can delay, or even prevent, this disease for future generations.
I'm afraid I was very selfish and was thinking about myself today.  I've worked out that I have bipolar disorder, which, according to Wiki, is characterized by periods of elevated mood and periods of depression.  That's what happens to me whilst I'm cycling, so I must have it!  Funny how the mood changes coincide with when the wind is behind me or in front of me.  That happened a lot today.  I started off with a zig-zag route, to ensure that I wasn't cycling directly into the wind.  Is that a bit like tacking when you're sailing? It was a tough day.
I found a new bike shop today, and had a good chat with Mike in The Cycle Junction in Wheelock/Sandbach.  It's funny meeting a complete stranger, then within 2 minutes we're talking about how sore my bottom is.
Thanks again to Alistair in Rick Green Cycles in Handforth for doing my log book again.
I finished the day with Glen the physio at Physiofit in Alderley Edge.  No massage today, because he was taping me up instead.  New word learnt today: tendinopathy.  I've now got blue tape on, just like the professionals.  Thanks to Elaine for signing my log book again.
123 miles today,  done very slowly.  I've done 1607 miles,  and need to do 1518 more to set the world record.  More than half way after 12 days, which I'm obviously pleased about.

No comments:

Post a Comment