Monday 3 August 2015

Day 11

A great day today despite the strong wind all day.  It was lovely and warm and I set off with shorts, one top and suncream. 
I was on my own in the morning, listening to the radio.  Thanks to Tim at Sideways Cycles in Alsager for log book signing, as well as Alistair in Rick Green Cycles in Handforth.  All went well, apart from having to stop to remove loads of grit which was stuck to my tyres after going through roadworks.  I don't want any more punctures.
In the afternoon my very enthusiastic and talkative physio Glen came cycling with me.  It's great having someone to chat with, it stops you from constantly looking at the mileage, the average speed, and moaning to yourself about the wind.  Glen patched me up first.  I've got a sore left elbow/forearm, the consequence of which is that I don't have enough strength to push the lever to change my front derailleur.  This doesn't really matter, because I'm happy staying in my middle chain ring most of the time.  I had 50/50 success for ring changing today.
Hubby Steve came out with me for another 25 miles at the end of the day.
For those of you who are following the cyclists who are trying to break the year record (Steve Abraham, Kurt Searvogel + others), they are in a completely different league to me, doing at least 200 miles per day.  Let's use a football analogy: they're in the Premier League and I'm Conference North.
143 miles today, and after 11 days I have ridden 1484 miles in total.  To put it in perspective that is more than from London to Gibraltar.  It's looking windy tomorrow, but I have the treat of a massage at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment