Monday 3 August 2015

My routine at lunch time




It became clear from the training I did that I needed to take some short breaks during the day.  The question was how did I get most relaxation and benefit from the breaks.  As a result of this experience I decided to do the ride in loops returning to the house.  I know this means I will be cycling many of the same roads every day, but I get so much more benefit from relaxing at home on the sofa than out on the road.  I aim to have one 30-40 minute break during the day, plus the inevitable toilet stops and log book recording whilst out on the bike.
For each break I replenish my water bottles and food on the bike and if it has been raining I change my cycling clothes.  I have a sandwich, a piece of cake and some fruit, a glass of squash, but I shouldn’t be too de-hydrated if I have drunk properly during the ride.  I also have a cup of coffee whilst checking on the map for my next loop.  Finally I put the Vaseline on and go through my checklist for the break making sure I have everything I need before setting off on the next route.
This is a lot to fit in during a short break, but having standard routines makes it just about achievable.  I simply can’t afford to waste time on breaks otherwise I will end up cycling too late into the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment