Sunday 16 August 2015

Day 24: World Record Distance Reached



I have mentioned in a previous post that whilst I've been doing my challenge, my mother has been moved into a nursing home.  She has Alzheimer's.  I know that we can't help to cure her condition, but I'd like to raise awareness of the charity Alzheimer's Research UK.  It would be worthwhile if we can contribute to trying to remove or delay the onset of this disease.  I have set up a fundraising page:

Details of the charity are on their website www.alzheimersresearchuk.org
Heartfelt thanks from me if you can contribute.

A great day today.  I reached the target Guinness World Records gave me to set the world record.  The target was 5000km, and I have now done 5135km.  I've still got another 6 days to add to my total, hopefully making it more difficult for people to break my record.  I did 136 miles today.
It was a perfect day.  I had the company of Super Domestique all day.  The weather was sunny but not too warm.  The funny creaking noises from my rear cassette have disappeared.  My ankle is not painful any more.  The tendon in my left arm is still sore, but that doesn't really matter.
I reached the target distance just outside the small village of Huxley in Cheshire at about 11:56am.  I was hoping I'd reach the target whilst we were in Huxley, because the little chapel there would have been a good background for some photos.  Not to be.  We stopped, took a few pictures, then flagged down an unsuspecting passing cyclist.  A lovely gentleman called Peter signed my log book to prove where I was, and at what time.
Thanks also to Amanda in the One Stop shop in Helsby, and M Naveed in the Shell garage in Chelford for signing my log book.
At the end of the day we have a great reception from our neighbours Collette, Stuart and smiley baby Charlotte.




Buttock News
Issue 7
Happy shorts worn, but not the perfect bottom today.   Discomfort level of 3 out of 10 in the morning and 2 out of 10 in the afternoon. Right buttock is recovering, but left buttock is complaining a little.
End of Buttock News 
 
Buttock News Sunday Colour Supplement
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment